Splurge vs Steal: Distressed Boyfriend Shorts

Rag & Bone "The Boyfriend Shorts" - SHOPBOP, American Eagle Distressed Shorts, sold out - Gap (similar)

These distressed Rag & Bone boyfriend shorts have become so ubiquitous on fashion blogger's outfit posts I've written them off as overplayed. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, comfy, over-sized denim boyfriend short to wear all summer long.  What I find ridiculous, is women my age are forking over $200 for a.pair.of.shorts. I'm sorry, I don't play that way. Unless those shorts make my legs look like Emma Watson's, I'll take my $170 savings, and go on a shopping spree. 

Enough about people spending their money foolishly, because frankly, that's their business. These American Eagle shorts have become a true staple this summer. Truthfully, I ordered them last summer, and they were TIGHT. But just like I like them, with every wear, they stretched out to the perfect baggy style, and I've worn them 2-3 times a week this summer. Now that's $35 well spent.

What's the most you've spent on shorts? Was it worth it?

xoxo, Courtney  

4 comments:

Marly Rae said...

I buy almost all of my shorts at AE and theyre so much cheaper than others! Not to mention not bad quality when it comes to their pants. xo

http://marlyrae.com

Courtney said...

Totally agree! It was my first purchase there in a while but I'm so glad I did! I'm never getting rid of these babies!

Donna Louise said...

I really wanted those Rag + Bone shorts but couldn't find them in the UK otherwise I definitely would have got them x

http://www.thestylemma.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/black-gilet.html
Twitter: @thestylemma
Instagram: @thestylemma
Facebook: TheStylemma

Courtney said...

You would probably get a great deal on them with the exchange rate! That's allowed!

-Courtney