How to Wear a Maxi Dress: Part 1 - With Denim

I thought I would post a series called "How to Wear a Maxi Dress". So over the next few weeks, there will be a new post on how to take a great maxi, and step it up a notch. Maxi dresses (and skirts for that matter) are one of those trends that are fun, but you really have to wear it correctly in order to pull it off. Am I right?

First step, get your blank canvas which is a maxi dress. I picked a fun printed one from Conversation Pieces, but for beginners, having a solid print one is fine too (I love my solid black ones)!

Second, layer with denim! I am wearing my handy J.Crew denim vest, but when I say denim, I mean denim vest, denim jacket or even a chambray shirt! The best thing about this combination is it always matches no matter what pattern or color the maxi is, and how effortlessly cool it looks. 

Maxi Dress - c/o Conversation Pieces, Denim Vest - J.Crew, in Indigo Wash, sold out (similar), Rings - Foxsie and Forever 21

xoxo, Courtney 

No comments: