Golden Globes Best'ish Dressed

The Golden Globes are by far my favorite awards show. I love that it kicks off the beginning of awards season with a bang. The fashion is always fabulous but with a bit of edge (not so conservative as the Oscars). This year, however, I was a bit underwhelmed. It was the usual sea of metallics, bright hues, and figure hugging gowns, but only the five ladies below really stood out along the masses. This is why I chose not to do my typical "Best, Worst and Honorable Mentions" post. These are my best of the ehhhh night.


Lupita Nyong'o definitely showed those old timers that the new girl is here to play. Everything about this look is spectacular. The color is striking, the cape is so chic, and the fit is perfect. I only wish there was more jewelry, but only a bit.


Wearing a body-hugging white dress is a risk no matter who you are, unless you are Margot Robbie (another Hollywood newbie) wearing this beautiful Gucci number. It's sexy, glam and perfect for the Globes.

 
Emma Watson, like Jennifer Lawrence (who unfortunately doesn't appear on this list) are my spirit animals. I adore them with every inch of my being. With Emma, I love the risks she takes with fashion, like this dress/pants number. It's quirky, yes. But fun and different. And I don't hate it. 


I think Allison Williams is one of the most beautiful girls in Hollywood. Her fashion has always been safe for me though. She always looks great, but never stands out. This feathered Alexander McQueen dress just elevated her to another level. It's so amaze. I'm so happy to see her do something so... unsafe. 


Congratulations Sofia Vergara. You finally discovered you don't always need to wear a full body corset to look good. 

xoxo, Courtney

4 comments:

Merritt said...

Lupita and Olivia Wilde were my faves! Great picks!

The Style Scribe

Courtney said...

Olivia Wilde looked great too!!

Fash Boulevard said...

lol, I agree. It was nice to see Sofia change it up a bit. Loved her necklace. Fantastic picks, love. If you get a free moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.com

ANDYSTYLE said...

in love with emma :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/