Oven Baked Kale Chips

I am trying to eat as healthy as I can, even more in the past 2 months since I have a bikini to get into in 3 short weeks. But overall, I like to eat healthy and experiment with different healthy ingredients. But I definitely don't restrict myself. If I go out and want a burger, I'll get a burger. But during the week I try to eat consistently. I just feel better that way. One of the things I have experimented with is kale. Kale may be the new foodie fad after quinoa, and I am trying to find ways to incorporate it into my diet. One of those ways is kale chips. They are oven baked, not fried super delicious and a great snack! Below is my recipe on my at-home kale chips.

If you buy kale chips at the store, you can fork over $10 or so for a bag of kale chips. Not anymore. They are way too easy to make at home for you to be spending that kind of money. 

1. Get a bunch of kale and rinse and dry them. (Photo 1)
2.  Rip leaves into bits about 2 inches, and throw into bowl. Don't use thick ribs of kale. (Photo 2)
3. Pour about 2 tbls of olive oil into the bowl and coat leaves. Leaves should only be partially coated. Also shake sea salt onto leaves. Eyeball to desired amount, but start with less than what you think. Place onto baking sheet. (Photo 3)
4. Bake at 350 degrees until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. (Photo 4)

I strongly urge you to test different amounts of olive oil and salt and make note of what amounts work best. The first time I made them I used too much of both salt and olive oil. :(   I haven't tried using other ingredients with the kale, but I expect nuts or garlic would be divine!!!

Enjoy and let me know of any hints you have!  

No comments: