Oreo Cheesecake Bars

Now that things are pretty much back to normal, let's celebrate with two of the world's best sweets, because we need them. So meet Oreo cookies and cheesecake. Together in sweet harmony. 

I love Oreos a lot. It's my one, store-bought-sweet-guilty-pleasure. I love Oreo's dipped in milk (it's the only way I'll eat them plain), cookies-n-cream ice cream, Oreo milkshakes, etc. Anything Oreo, I'll order it. So when a friend sent me the recipe to this easy Oreo cheesecake recipe, I had to give it a shot. Plus, it's only a few ingredients, how hard could it be? I'll tell you now, it wasn't!

Ingredients:

For the crust:
- 23 Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted

For the cheesecake:
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temp
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract 
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment  paper, with the sides folded over.
2. For the crust, process the cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Drizzle the melted butter onto the crumbs and mix until evenly distributed. Dump the crumbs into the lined baking dish and press into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Leave oven on.
3. For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese at a medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add the sugar until incorporated. 
4. Slowly add the eggs, and mix well until completely combined. Add the sour cream and vanilla, beating until incorporated. 
5. Gently fold in the chopped Oreos, then pour over the baked crust, smoothing into an even layer. Bake until the edges are set, but the middle jiggles slightly, about 40-50 minutes. 
6. Place pan on cooling rack and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Then, cover the pan with plastic wrap then place in fridge for 3 additional hours or up to 24 hours before serving. 
7. Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container for up to one week in the fridge. 

I think the most crucial part of this recipe is getting the baking time down. The middle parts of my cheesecake were a tad pudding-like, and I think that was because I should have baked it for an additional 5 minutes or so. Also, I didn't have my food processor back from the manufacturer :( so I had to improvise with a plastic bag, a rolling pin, and taking out my anger. :) While it was a good compromise, the finer crust was probably much desirable. 

Enjoy!  

No comments: