Starbucks on a Budget

If you are anything like me, you enjoy your daily ritual of coffee every morning. Whether it's black coffee, an americano, a frappuccino or a breve iced coffee with a splash of sweetener (my poison of choice), you need that liquid caffiene to get you going in the morning. However, as we all know, this coffee habit can get quite expensive. And although I normally drink coffee from home, I like to splurge every now and then and get specialty beverages. So behold, Starbucks from home (and I don't mean buying the bag of coffee).
Like how I used my Starbucks mug? Genius.
I am so glad I came up with this recipe, because as far as I can tell, it's the same darn thing as a Starbucks Mocha Frap. It's the perfect indulgence on a Saturday afternoon when you are craving something sweet, but don't want to eat a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies. (You know it's possible) I can't wait to get my blender back from Cuisinart (it's really cramping my style) so I can make this more often.

Recipe:
Add 1/2 cup cold coffee, 3 tablespoons sugar (or sweetener), 2/3 cup cold milk, 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, and a handful of ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth or ice chunks are virtually gone. Add a spoonful of Cool Whip on top and drizzle with more chocolate syrup.

This recipe gave me 2 grande sized servings, but you can always adjust the ingredients to make more or less. I really love this recipe, and I hope I can save you all a few bucks by making your own at home!  

No comments: