Splurge vs Steal: Sequin Skirts

Haute Hippie / LC Lauren Conrad
This is a new topic I want to start featuring on a regular basis. I pride myself on being a thrifty shopper while staying on trend. Especially with trendy items, departments stores will start to manufacture similar items at rock bottom prices to entice consumers to shop at their stores. So I play the waiting game until those colored denim, peplum tops and leather pants are made and I scour the internet to find the perfect combination of price, quality and longevity. 

This first featurette comes from a recent trip to Kohls. I was in the area and popped on in and left a very happy shopper. Other than this black matte sequin skirt I got for a mere $13 (you read that right), I also scored a pair of LC Lauren Conrad booties and a pair of Simply Vera Vera Wang Leather Leggings for $5! I will post the leather leggings in a future Splurge vs Steal feature.  

Sequin skirts have been on trend for a few seasons now, and I can't see them going out of style any time soon. The perfect thing about the sequin trend is that they aren't just for New Years anymore. You can pair the skirt with a white t-shirt, a chambray, or a classic button up as an alternative to a pencil skirt. The sparkle of the sequin gives you that added femininity and pop of chicness that will definitely turn many heads.

Do you own a sequin skirt? Where did you get it and what do you wear it with?

2 comments:

Bridgette Nicole said...

Just found your blog!! Love it girl! Sequins are so cute, I love the good deal you found! :) Thanks for sharing!
-Bridgette
http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Thank you Bridgette! :) I appreciate the comment! And I am always on the lookout for trendy items for a great price, so look out for more posts! Thanks for reading!