My Hair Essentials

Clockwise from left: Boar bristle brush / John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo / Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray / Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo / Lucky Girl Hair Ties / Garnier Fructis Leave-in Conditioner / Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Oil Treatment
I thought I would share my hair and beauty essentials with you all (with the beauty essentials post coming later). We all have a routine and beauty regimen but sharing our go-to products is always fun, especially if you are in the market for a new product.

1. First, let's start with the basics. A boar bristle brush is crucial to maintain healthy hair and is much kinder on your strands than those plastic bristles which rip and tear at the hair. I bought one at Ulta years ago and I love it, the only trick I haven't figured out yet is how to properly clean it (I did once and it smelled God awful)

2. I get my hair highlighted and I spend a lot of money doing it. If you are like me and have color treated hair, then investing in shampoo and conditioner (like this John Frieda Sheer Blonde) is best to maintain those highlights in between salon visits. I have tried many different brands that varied in prices from $5-$30, but this is a decent middle ground one that gave me good results. 

3.  My hairstylist gave me the suggestion of getting a thermal heat spray to use before I blow dryed or straightened my hair. Since I use heat tools a lot and they can be damaging to your hair, a quick spray of this Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray will ease your hair into the high heat of these tools. I use it every time and have seen a difference in the quality of my hair!

4. My favorite hair product has got to be dry shampoo. I have tried a handful of different brands and I bought this Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo only because my regular brand was out at Target! I took a risk and I am so glad! At less than $3, it is even better than Psssst, Tressemme or Bumble&Bumble.  It has a nice citrus smell as well, and I can go probably an extra day without washing compared to other brands; it's that good.

5. These ribbon-like hair ties are the new "it" hair accessory. I got some around Christmas time and they are slowly replacing my traditional ties. They come in fun colors and designs, look cute on your wrist and are gentle on your hair (no creases or breakage). You can find them at Ulta, Target or Etsy. 

6. I have read time and time again that leave-in conditioner is the most important thing to do for your hair on a regular basis. I got lazy for a while and wasn't applying it before blowdrying, but now I am making sure to do it every time! I have very thick hair and the day after a leave-in treatment, it feels soft, healthy and re-born!

7. So I have joined the Moroccan Oil train just like everyone else. For a while it seemed there was just the $40 treatment available, so like a good business student, I waited until more brands created their own versions and I bought it on the cheap. This Garnier Fructis version is around $6 at Ulta. I have no complaints so far, but for full satisfaction, the "sleek and shine" comes through the next day, after my hair has fully dried and the oil is absorbed.

What are your ultimate hair essentials? Any products I should try? Look out next week for my ultimate beauty essentials!

No comments: