3 Events for 2013

Usually around this time of the year we start our resolutions we made the month before. But instead of listing some resolutions I may not be too keen about, I want to explore some of the events in 2013 I am looking forward to. It's about looking on the bright side, right? 
 
1.  Going to Europe. I have been planning a trip to visit my friend Laura in England for quite some time (how about 2 years?!) and come May 2013 I hope to cross the pond and travel through England, France and wherever else we land. I hope our plans work out and the plan follows through. I have been saving my pennies and after the rough end of the year I've had, this would be an amazing gift. 
 2. Getting, and loving a new job. I have been searching for a new job for about 2 months now,  and enough applications sent in that I had to make a spreadsheet! Even though I'm not sure where the future will take Alex and I later in our careers, in the mean time, I want to have a job that I love coming to every day. Is that too hard to ask? I spent 6 months last year hoping mine would get better or the people would change, and it never did. Since we spend more time at work than any other place (so it seems) we better like going there! I refuse to end up in a bad situation again. :) 
3. Turning 25 I can't believe I will be 25 this year! I hate to compare myself to other people my age (I know it's not healthy) but I feel like I am behind in the game! So many people have traveled the world, started amazing jobs, moved to new cities and sometimes I feel like I am stuck. I know that's not the case and things will be worth it when the time comes. I am so excited for the future and I can't wait for what it brings for careers, traveling, family and relocating! 

What big events do you have going on this year? 

No comments: