Thoughts and Prayers...

I hate waking up to news so tragic as senseless death at the hands of terrible monsters. But what happened this morning in Newtown, CT was far more worse than I could have imagined. I feel like we are unfortunately getting so accustomed to seeing these acts of violence in the news so often it's becoming less shocking. It's been almost 15 years since the massacre at Columbine High School and I feel like only more acts similar to this have occurred, not less.

I can't bare to watch the news coverage about the story any more, because all I can think of is the young souls, the babies who were blindsided of their life, of becoming amazing individuals. It's an emotion of half immense sadness and extreme anger at the individual who committed this act. My greatest fear is losing the people I love, and imagining the pain these people are going through is heart breaking.

These selfish, inexcusable, senseless acts need to stop. And we as a country need to stop providing these monsters with the weapons for carrying out these acts. No regular Joe Schmo needs a semi automatic pistol. Period. If legislation can help save one life, it is worth changing. 

I am broken hearted over the acts from this morning, and pray for the families who were affected.

 

No comments: