Target + Neiman Marcus: A Match Made in Fashion Heaven

Fashion mavens, the day has finally arrived! Target has teamed up with legendary department store Neiman Marcus and 24 designers to create over 50 "gifts" at more reasonable prices. Some of the items are available online or in store. The items range from housewares, items for your pet, beauty gifts, kids gifts, and of course..clothes! 

Target has had it's fair share of collaborations with designers in the past. You may remember the recent collaboration with Missoni which crashed the Target website and caused utter chaos in stores across the nation! Other collaborations include: William Rast, Luella Bartley and Rodarte (to name a few). 

Some of the designers in the collaboration (and my personal favorites) include:
  • alice + olivia
  • Brian Atwood
  • Derek Lam
  • Diane Von Furstenberg
  • Marchesa
  • Marc Jacobs
  • rag + bone
  • Tory Burch
I have previewed the collection and I am a little bummed to not see a pair of Brian Atwood pumps (his signature) for a killer price or a gorgeous Marchesa dress for women (there are two for girls).   

Here are a few of the pieces I have my eye on:
alice + olivia luggage

Proenza Schouler sweatshirt

Tracy Reese shirt
Lela Rose lace top

This collaboration had me thinking, what are your dream collaborations? 

Mine would have to be Michael Kors + Target, Victoria Beckham for Dorothy Perkins, Chanel for H&M, Marc Jacobs for H&M, Elie Saab for Nordstrom...wishful thinking. 

* Edit: I went to my local target on Dec 1 to look at the items in person and I added the Lela Rose lace top. It was gorgeous in person and was so light and the fabric was so gentle (if that makes sense). The sweatshirt was a hi-low type, and I would definitely buy it in a large/extra large so it would be oversize and comfy. However, the alice + olivia luggage was quite small for the $180 price tag, but still cute! 

No comments: