Kramer vs Kramer (1979)

I have been wanting to see this multi-Oscar winning film for EVER, and figured it was on my Yahoo movie list. I neglected to consult my list before I ordered it on Netflix. I was surprised to see it wasn't on the list but had to watch it anyway. I am a big fan of Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep so I knew it was going to be a winner. It was more than that, I fell in love with this film! The plot is so timeless, so even though it was from 1979 (a very young Meryl and Dustin indeed) the story can transgress through many decades. The actor who played the little boy in the film, Justin Henry, stole the show for me, and he was fantastic! (Where was his Oscar nod?)

I watched the "Making Of" special feature, and learned that Dustin Hoffman was going through his own divorce at the time the director and producer approached him to play the part of Ted Kramer. It took a lot of convincing but obviously he succumbed to the pressure! :) I highly highly recommend watching this film if you haven't. Let me know your thoughts!   

No comments: