Crockpot Enchiladas & Shrimp Fried Rice

Last week before Thanksgiving, I managed to make two quick, but delicious meals for Alex and I. I clearly have lagged on the blogging portion of it, so I decided to combine them into one post, since I didn't want to not post one over the other.

Crockpot Enchiladas:
I found this recipe after I got my crockpot and I was Googling different dishes to make in it. I came across this Mexican dish and the combination of ease, quickness and high ratings made me bookmark it instantly. This is the second time I have made it but there are still a few kinks to smooth out (this is why taking notes is crucial!!)
My boyfriend also noted the cheese/beef mixture (basically everything but the tortillas) would be a great nacho topper. It really would! Even better, since our usual nacho recipe is pretty intense (but so worth it!)

Shrimp Fried Rice:
This recipe is my own, so I hope I can convey everything to you easily enough so you can duplicate it yourself! My mom loves making Asian cuisine, and she made fried rice for my brothers and I a few times. I made note of what she did so I could do it myself some day. Fast forward a few years and I finally got around to it. Below is the recipe and instructions, enjoy! Feel free to ask me any questions. :) 
Ingredients:
1. 2-day old white or brown rice (NOT fresh. Older rice is easier to brown)
2. Chicken, Shrimp or Tofu (cooked separately, in amount desired)
3. Mixed vegetables (your preference, cooked separately. I used a frozen medley of corn, carrots & peas and added mushrooms)
4. Oyster Sauce 
5. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
6. 2 Eggs 
7. Minced garlic (optional)
8. Butter or margarine 

Instructions:
1. Cook your desired meat of choice in a separate pan with garlic and set aside. If you cook chicken or tofu, dice in to small pieces.
2. Cook your vegetables separately as well. Frozen vegetables work fine. Set aside.
3. Get a large sauce pan (depending on the amount of rice, make sure the rice can evenly sit in pan) and dab 2 TBS of butter or margarine in pan and let melt. 
4. Place rice in pan and let it cook, until it browns, or gets a tad crispy
5. Add 2 eggs (only 1 if you are making a small portion) and scramble the eggs within the rice until it is almost cooked.
6. Combine rice with vegetables and meat and continue cooking
7. Add equal parts Oyster Sauce and Soy Sauce (about 1 TBS each for large portions) but taste test before adding more
8. Stir to combine all ingredients and to coat with sauces.    
9. Serve with sliced green onions on top and hot sauce if desired. :) 
 
 

No comments: