Crockpot Chili

Brrrrrr. It finally decided to cool down a lot here, and Alex made a request a while back to make chili for us when it well, becomes chilly. :) My step-mom made the BEST chili on Sunday, and I had to get the recipe and make it myself. 

This recipe is very similar to one my mom makes a lot, but this was the first time I made chili on my own! I added (from the advice of my step-mom) celery, green pepper and jalapenos.  My own additions were half a can of corn for a tad of sweetness and minced garlic which no recipe can do without. I used all ground turkey vs. beef to make it a tad healthier. I also made delicious honey cornbread muffins on the side. Sprinkle shredded cheese, onions, sour cream on top or whatever tickles your fancy. For my 4 quart crockpot we had so much leftovers we were easily able to freeze another meal or two more.


No comments: