Lust List: Movie Trailers

This weekend I was preoccupied by Halloween festivities so I didn't have a chance to watch a film off my "100 Movies" list. However, I wanted this post to be movie related. Luckily, two trailers were released recently that got me lusting over the upcoming movie season.

The first was Iron Man 3. I am not one to watch many super hero movies, but when it comes to Batman or Iron Man, I pay my $10 and enjoy the thrill ride. I loved the first Iron Man. Robert Downey Jr was perfectly comical and heroic. The second Iron Man was somewhat forgettable, so I hope this one amps it up a bit.


Secondly, and most excitedly, was the release of Kathryn Bigelow's trailer for the December release of Zero Dark Thirty. She is the Oscar winning director of The Hurt Locker, an incredible and intense modern war film. I read that this film, about the hunt for Osama bin Laden, was already in production when SEAL Team 6 successfully killed him in May 2011. Fiction becomes non-fiction. The most hair-raising part of the trailer is the last sequence, when it shows the team at night ambushing what we know as the spot where bin Laden is kept. Even though we know the ending, Kathryn Bigelow will make sure to make this a very bumpy ride.


Will you be seeing Iron Man 3 and/or Zero Dark Thirty? Any other movies you can't wait to see?

No comments: