Crockpot Chicken & Rice

Sunday was the first sign of Fall, so I wanted to make our Sunday dinner be hearty, warm and comforting. So I busted out my crock pot and found this Cheesy Chicken & Rice recipe on Pinterest. It was super easy and only took 3 hours. 

The recipe called for 4 chicken breasts, but mine were pretty hefty, so I could have probably gotten away with using 3. It also says it should take 3-4 hours on high, yet my crock pot managed to cook the chicken within 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 hrs. You are better off checking your own crock pot as to not under or over cook the chicken! 

The chicken was super tender, juicy and shredded easily. It was so delicious. It reminded me of a dish my mom made when I was younger; probably another reason why I liked it so much!



 

2 comments:

Style Journey said...

This looks delicious! Don't you just love Pinterest?

Courtney said...

I can't tell you how many recipes i've gotten off of Pinterest!