Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Now that I am out of school, I am starting to cook more. Real food. Not spaghetti and frozen dinners all the time. (But I definitely still make spaghetti, and Trader Joes has some amazing frozen dinners...) Anyway, I found a few recipe blogs and choose a recipe once a week to make for my boyfriend and I. I must say, I'm not half bad. 

This week I chose the Creamy Chicken Taquitos from my favorite food blogger, The Girl Who Ate Everything . I found her on Pinterest, of course.  I have passed by this recipe a few times and wanted to make it, but something else came ahead of it. Luckily, Alex and I had most of the ingredients (the spices are a must in this dish) which is another factor in when I chose something to make. No one likes spending a lot of money on outlandish ingredients you'll only use once.


I must admit, I started to cook this at 6pm on Sunday while Game 1 of the NLCS was on. So while it took me an hour and a half to make, I assure you, it won't take that long.

Image from: The Girl Who Ate Everything
I had a few gripes about this dish. The first and biggest being was all I could taste was the cumin! If I make it again, I would definitely add less. I also didn't shred the chicken fine enough. I would bust out our Slap Chop (yep, from the Infomercial) and make it a more chopped texture. My chunks were a bit large. Also, I may experiment by adding extra ingredients. :) Another big note, I used flour tortillas, and I was only able to fill 7 taquitos with the mixture. 

Link to recipe here: Creamy Chicken Taquitos

No comments: