Emmy Fashion 2012 - Best & Worst

The Best:
Words cannot express how much I love this neon yellow Monique Lhuillier gown Julie Bowen wore last night. She took a big risk with this color, and she stood out, in a good way. Her styling complements it impeccably.

I LOVED this Reem Acra gown Zooey Deschanel wore. The light blue was fun and her bright pink lipstick was so...Zooey. I imagine this in white as a wedding dress and I get so excited. :) 

January Jones looks so hip in this Zac Posen dress. It's so freaking cool. I usually don't like big straps like that, so I would design it with a sweetheart neckline, but that's me being a diva. I love this twist on what could be a boring black ball gown. It's so gothic and edgy. 

Honorable Mentions:
Who would have thought Ariel Winter would make the best dressed list? In a print gown? In a designer I never heard of? This awesome print gown is by Katharine Kidd and I love it! I think the print is so cool, the neckline is unique and the hi-low hem is verrrrry trendy right now. You go girl. You look fab.


At first, I hated this Marchesa dress Hayden Panettiere wore. I thought it looked like gold foil with blue tulle on top. Then as I saw it more, I began to like it, even love it. Mainly because it was the most original dress on the red carpet. And Hayden totally owned it; and she looks stunning in it. 

The Worst:


What the hell Amanda Peet? This Calvin Klein dress is a disaster. Amanda Peet is gorgeous and this isn't doing her any favors. I see no curves, no colors, no nothing. Except blah. This reminds me of the 90's, in a bad way.I think the last time I wore a spaghetti strap dress was in seventh grade. 


Okay, so you can tell Lena Dunham probably isn't too much into fashion. Whatever. Sometimes I wish I wasn't. (Actually, my wallet does). But for the biggest night in her career to date, this is no good. This dress looks SO HEAVY. Am I wrong? If it were cut to just above her knees it would be great. But this...is just not. 


Thoughts? Disagree with me on any of the above? I wish I could comment on all the looks, but God knows how long that could take...


 


1 comment:

Kyla Ford said...

Zooey Looked Amazing! I totally agree on ALL of the best/worst dressed last night!
http://ford-ology.blogspot.com